London on the way back, 20182018/08/25, 16:37@PDT
Soo… these are some pics from our 2018 Europe trip, specifically from the one day in London we had for sleepover.
Specifically, there are:
- pictures of airports
- a somewhat fancy view of London from the air
- … and the pub we hung out on the one night we spent there.
The latter is fairly near to Heathrow; all the houses around had specific names, and the entire place had a very English feel to it. (Side note: a Full English Breakfast does make an excellent dinner, too.)
This is also the first ever actual gallery on this site… which is an excellent reminder for reality usually being way more complicated than originally planned:
- hugo, the static generator for the site, doesn’t quite like HEIC files yet. Fortunately, there is “libheif-tools”, supplying a converter.
- one also needs to rename all the JPEG files to have reasonable date-like names. Otherwise, photos from different phones mess up the ordering.
- … which still wouldn’t necessarily work (welcome to the hellish combination of “photo dates” and “time zones”).
Nevertheless, here it is! (it’s clickable and swipeable!)